Fedora 7 Test Update: kdepim-3.5.7-10.svn20070926.ent.fc7

Mike C mike.cohler at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 10:40:23 UTC 2007

dragoran <drago01 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> sure I agree with that .. but the problem is that kmail does not seem
> to support it and he is asking if support for it is planned/possible
> because thats the reason stopping him from using it. (although I agree
> that filling a RFE or using the upstream mailinglist would be more
> productive)

I seem to remember that requests to include html handling for kmail upstream
resulted in a lack of willingness to work towards its inclusion in the code.
However even though there may be some users who would prefer not to have kmail
enabled to handle html fully, there may equally well be be others who do want
this facility. Has there ever been a survey to ask?

Therefore it would be nice if there was the option to select full handling of
html mail within kmail even if the default was not to do so. By this I mean that
if selected as "enabled" then when an html mail is received then hitting
reply/forward would retain the html formatting so that the recipient of the
reply/forward would not get badly formatted text that originated from kmail in
the process but properly formatted htmal - and currently in this situation kmail
munged the original html stuff.