still totally unable to download source rpms
tla at rasmil.dk
Wed Oct 17 08:13:00 UTC 2007
Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> yOn Tue, 16 Oct 2007, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>> On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:08:03 -0400 (EDT), Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>>> i'm sure it's something embarrassingly trivial i've pooched but i am
>>> still unable to use yumdownloader to download any source rpms as a
>>> non-root user. and it's not for lack of trying.
>>> as i've reported in earlier postings, here's the result of trying to
>>> grab the source RPM for, say, file:
>>> $ yumdownloader --source file
>>> Loading "refresh-updatesd" plugin
>>> Enabling development-source repository
>>> No source RPM found for file - 4.21-3.fc8.i386
>>> Nothing to download
>>> i've verified that there is indeed a source RPM of that version
>>> (in fact, i've tried this with a variety of randomly-chosen packages
>>> and the result is the same each time.)
>>> before i go any further, can someone just post (or email me) a copy
>>> of their fedora-development.repo file, after verifying that it works
>>> for them? thanks muchly.
>> $ yumdownloader --source file
>> livna-development 100% |=========================| 2.1 kB 00:00
>> primary.sqlite.bz2 100% |=========================| 137 kB 00:00
>> adobe-linux-i386 100% |=========================| 951 B 00:00
>> development 100% |=========================| 2.1 kB 00:00
>> primary.sqlite.bz2 100% |=========================| 5.2 MB 00:08
>> Enabling livna-development-source repository
>> livna-development-source 100% |=========================| 1.9 kB 00:00
>> primary.sqlite.bz2 100% |=========================| 42 kB 00:00
>> Enabling development-source repository
>> development-source 100% |=========================| 1.9 kB 00:00
>> primary.sqlite.bz2 100% |=========================| 1.5 MB 00:02
>> file-4.21-3.fc8.src.rpm 100% |=========================| 563 kB 00:01
>> $ rpm -V fedora-release
>> $ rpm -q fedora-release
>> So, it's the default .repo files.
> ok, i'm sure someone is going to smack me in the head for this but i
> found the problem -- i had (erroneously?) enabled the
> development-source repo in the file
> does it make any sense that doing that would suddenly cause source
> downloads to break? i just tried it with that entry in the repo file
> enabled, and got:
> Enabling development-source repository
> No source RPM found for file - 4.21-3.fc8.i386
> Nothing to download
> i then set "enabled=0" for that particular repository (and *just*
> that one), and the source download suddenly works just fine.
> someone is going to have to explain that one to me -- it's certainly
> not intuitive behaviour.
There is an issue with yumdownloader if running as non-root and the
source repo is enabled in the repo file or by --enablerepo.
The issues has been fixed upstream and will be available in next
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the test