Problem with online-desktop

Adam Pribyl pribyl at lowlevel.cz
Thu Oct 18 16:37:25 UTC 2007

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, Aravind Seshadri wrote:

> I installed online-desktop on an i386 machine which was running rawhide
> (rawhide after Fedora 8 Test 2 was released). I made online-desktop as
> my default desktop environment. When Test 3 was released I used the DVD
> to upgrade from T2 to T3.
>
> I haven't noticed it before but now I am unable to log into GNOME.
> Whenever I log in to GNOME, I was taken back to online-desktop. So I
> uninstalled online-desktop using yum. Now I cannot get back to GNOME at
> all. Even though there is no session for online-desktop I was taken back
> to online-desktop. When I tried the instructions given on this page [1]
> I get a blank screen with no panels and no mouse or keyboard controls. I
> completely lost GNOME.

According to wiki, online-desktop is for F8 some kind of experiment. Did
you tried that with new user? If it works there then probably your
~/.gnome etc. needs cleanup.

> Any idea what is going on.
>
> [1] http://live.gnome.org/OnlineDesktop/GetRunning
> --
> Best Regards,
> Aravind
> http://www.aravind.name

Odchozi zprava neobsahuje viry, protoze nebyla odeslana z Windows.
Otestovano zdarma a legalne na OS Linux.
(Proc pouzivat Linux - http://proc.linux.cz/).