Policy or best practice on mentioning dependency issues

cornel panceac cpanceac at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 03:53:00 UTC 2007

and sometimes, yumex is just not working like when it's behind the m$ proxy
i have at office, even if i set the proxy in yumex config. wich reminds me
of another issue: sometimes the mirrors work slow or not at all,
unfortunately there's no easy way to tell wich mirror is used until yum
gives-up. also there's no indication of speed. and, if using multiple
mirrors, download is still serialized, that is yum is not downloadingfrom
many repos in the same time and some other issues.  BUT:
that does not mean yum is not improving constantly (wich it does) AND we are
really grateful to the yum developers for their work.so, one last question
is: what else (except testing and reporting) can we do to help yum become
better? :)

thank you.

2007/10/19, Arch Willingham <arch at tuparks.com>:

>  Normally that works but every once in a while, the text of the dependency
> error message does not point out what you are supposed to exclude. There was
> one the other day but I can't think of its name.

like it happened yesterday for me: there were deps issues, (livna enabled)
and after unselecting kernel, it was added as a  dependency and everything
was ok, _all_ updates were installed (f8t3).