F8T3 x86_64 / vmware: Anaconda hangs at 99%.

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 06:13:59 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I'm trying to install F8T3/x86_64 on a 64bit VM under VMWare Server 1.0.4.
Beyond having a very slow mouse (no idea why), the installation was
pretty-much-strait forward.
However, when anaconda was trying to install the last packages, it
just hanged for hours.

Switching back to the text consoles doesn't really shows anything
critical (beyond a single syntax warning in Anaconda) - so I don't
really have anything to report in bugzilla.redhat.com. (Beyond:
Anaconda hangs! Duh!)
I'm keeping the VM up for debug purposes; if anyone knows how I can
get additional information out in-order to create a better bug-report,
please let me know.

Machine configuration:
2 virtual CPUs.
10GB disk space.