not finding rpmbuild

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Tue Oct 23 13:40:22 UTC 2007

Andrew Parker schrieb:
>> I am not having any luck finding rpmbuild.  What happened to it?  I am
>> making a special kernel so that I can build Avg Antivirus on it but the
>> rpmbuild is not there.
>>
> yum install rpm-build
>
> nice bit of inconsistency there

irc since rhl 8.0;  rhl 9, fc1, fc2, fc3, fc4, fc5, fc6, f7

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-8.0-Manual/release-notes/x86/
[...]
The RPM Package Manager (RPM) functionality has been separated into two
packages with distinct functionalities. The rpm package is for
installing, querying, verifying and removing RPM packages from your Red
Hat Linux system; the rpm-build package is for building and creating RPM
packages for your Red Hat Linux system. Refer to the manual pages for
both rpm and rpmbuild by typing man rpm and man rpmbuild at a shell
prompt for more information about these commands.
[...]

--
shrek-m