No sound with latest kernel and Realtel ALC268

Antonio antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 21:32:06 UTC 2007

2007/10/23, Michal Jaegermann <michal at harddata.com>:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 07:08:09PM +0200, Antonio wrote:
> >
> > when I run rpm -V kernel-devel I get a series of missing files...
>
> I would expect that you will see that after 'rpm -V kernel'
> as well; at least from what you wrote before.
>
> > What is happening??? I guess that is not my fault....
>
> Do you expect to find on this list somebody with clairvoyant
> capabilities?  Maybe you run out of a disk space?
> Starting with 'package-cleanup --problems' may be a good idea.
>
>    Michal
>
> --

I suppose that you have not tested kernel-devel 2.6.23.1-26.....
for your information I have plenty of room on my HD...and I see that
2.6.23.1-26 has been replaced by 2.6.23.1-30 in less than 8 hours, so
something was wrong.And now everything is working fine, I could
rebuild alsa drivers
I am not looking for any clairvoyant capabilities, but testing
capabilities, for sure :-)
Tnx for help

--
Antonio Montagnani