Smolt Wiki

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 22:52:31 UTC 2007

On 10/23/07, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:

> Smolt now has an integrated wiki (http://smolts.org/wiki/) and ratings
> system.  Submit your profile with smoltSendProfile then follow the URL
> it provides.  This will allow you to rate your hardware and click over
> to the wiki for your hardware.

This is a great idea!

  If you have hardware with issues and can
> fix it, please fill in the relevant wiki page.

The options for hardware issues are:
I don't use this/I don't know
Breaks System
Doesn't Work
Requires 3rd Party Drivers
Works, but required aditional configuration
Worked out of the box

What if my video card works, but compiz isn't happy with it with our without
the 3rd party driver?

What if my webcam works with a 3rd party driver but freezes intermittently.

What if my webcam works but has poor quality?
It seems like there should be a ranking for "works" (kinda works, works
well, works great).  But this is a very exciting and powerful feature.
Thanks!

          David