F8 blocker bug status report - testers needed!

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu Oct 25 09:32:33 UTC 2007

Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>> Can anyone confirm that one really can install two drives in these? If
>> so, I might put my original back (alone, it's not big enough).
>
> Which DC7700? I've only worked with CMT (Convertible Mini Tower),
> there's plenty of room for two drives.
>
> Actually the DC7700 in front of me has two diskdrives.

Mine are dc7700p, SFF. They weight about a tonne;-)

It has space for two external drives, a CD/DVD and (the docs say) a
floppy or card reader. A card reader would be nice, but I have the wrong
bezel.

I cloned the 80 Gb disk to a 320 Gb using dd (I netbooted Kubuntu with
the pci= workaround to do it).

I plan to install f8 on one, then xen plus virtual machines.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait