My wishlist for f8

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 11:26:51 UTC 2007

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 07:16:11 -0400
Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> 3. iwl4965 only works if I rmmod/modprobe it.  Anyone else?  Any
> ideas on how to debug?  Is this a problem with firmware d/l?  How can
> I tell?

Works fine for me with NetworkManager...

> 4. No sound with intel ICH8 (Realtek 268 chip)  with
> kernel-2.6.23.1-26.fc8.x86_64, but sound and mixers work great with
> kernel-2.6.23.1-16.ALSA_NV.x86_64 (posted here earlier)

That kernel has a new alsa release in it.  Unfortunately it is way way
way too late in the cycle to introduce a new alsa set that while it
might fix a few things, has high potential to break others.  Instead
we're going to do an update kernel with it shortly after release and
give it some time in -testing to prove working.

--
Jesse Keating