--qf %{license}

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Fri Oct 26 08:20:29 UTC 2007

Kevin Kofler schrieb:
> shrek-m <at> gmx.de <shrek-m <at> gmx.de> writes:
>
>> GPLv3 texinfo
>> GPLv3 jwhois
>> GPLv3 info
>> GPLv3 texinfo-tex
>>
> Are these really GPL v3 only and not GPLv3+? (Not that a GPLv4 is planned any
> time soon...)

i do not really believe what i can see in the license tag.
the maintainers should check it and propably ask if it is not better
upgrading to GPLv3+

sorry for the noise, but i think you should not wait to long!
http://gplv3.fsf.org/rms_gplv3_launch_transcript
[...]
However, instead of simply saying that Novell can't distribute GPL
version 3 covered programs under their deal, we found a cleverer thing
to do with it. When Microsoft updates to versions that are covered by
GPL version 3, GPL version 3 will extend this patent protection from the
customers of Novell to everybody who uses those programs. Effectively,
we found a way to turn that deal against Microsoft and make it backfire.
So, it's extremely important for free software to upgrade the license to
GPL version 3. So that, Novell, in the course of time, will put in the
new versions, and thus our community will get this benefit. It has to be
done fairly soon, because if we wait too long, Microsoft may distribute
all its coupons and then we won't be able to turn the deal against them
anymore. So, get your programs relicensed soon, it's very important. We
expect all the maintainers of GNU software to relicense in the next few
months—it's important. But, other free software developers should also
relicense.
[...]

--
shrek-m