ALSA 1.0.15 update test kernels available - user space packages

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Oct 29 14:54:45 UTC 2007

> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 08:54:32 +0100
> Martin Stransky <stransky at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > User space packages (alsa 1.0.15) are here:
> >
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=22679
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=22680
> >
> > If the updated kernel is included in F8 please add them there, too.
>
> I thought we already had the userland parts, which is what made this
> update less scary.  I'm definitely not feeling good about changing
> userland stuff wrt audio at this point too.

We currently have 1.0.15rc packages.  The diff (from just downloading
and looking) between the the rc and the final for alsa-lib and
alsa-utils is
* Lots of noise due to Jaroslav changing his email address
* A man page update

So it probably doesn't matter much either way, although pulling it in
would "look better"

Jeremy