more missing applications (part 3)

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 16:01:31 UTC 2007

On 10/29/07, Gianluca Sforna <giallu at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/29/07, Fulko Hew <fulko.hew at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just tried to use wireshark, and I find that the wireshark
> > package is missing the wireshark application.
> > It only includes tshark.
>
> Maybe you are looking for wireshark-gnome?

Yes I am.
Thank you for reminding me.  I (now) recall that
I stumbled across (was bitten by) this issue a
few years ago, and had forgotten.

In the big picture though, it is funny that the

a) wireshark package provides tshark, and
b) the wireshark-gnome package doesn't really have
   anything to do with gnome (only as far as it
   uses gtk et.al. rather than qt)

It it were me... I'd put tshark in the tshark package
and wireshark in the wireshark package.
But hey... thats just me.  :-)