Fedora 8 can't read parition table sata drives

Boyd Kelly Boyd.Kelly at businessobjects.com
Mon Oct 29 17:31:46 UTC 2007

Thanks for the input. Sorry to report that it didn't work.  Rescue CD
still does not read partitions.  As mentioned I can still boot with a
previous kernel so I am not too worried.  But what is going on?  My Sata
drive is /dev/sdb.  The only other thing that I can see is that in the
bios my sata driver is listed as the forth drive (One, Two, Three are
non existant).  I tried plugging the cable into another socket on the
MB, but it still shows up as drive 4.  Could this be an issue for the
module?   I guess my other option is to reinstall on my IDE drive....

Just providing some input....

bk