yum wont recocnise local repos (DVD) latest rawhide

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Tue Oct 30 20:21:10 UTC 2007

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 08:29:26PM +0100, Adam Pribyl wrote:
> As the baseurl is URL you have to use %20 instead '\ '.
> I reported this as a bug, but it was rejected.. well user confusion is
> fine so far...

I can see a possible desire to keep '\' "reserved" if somebody will
put repository on, say, NTFS; altough Samba will accept '/' path
separators too without much fuss.  This is at least a documentation
bug as 'man yum.conf' does not say much about acceptable baseurl
formats.  I gather that quoting will be not of much help too, right?
I think that this should be reopened.  I also think that at least
quoted baseurl strings could be automatically converted into
an acceptable format.

> >Options Error: Error parsing 'file:///media/Fedora\\ rawhide\\ i386\\
> >DVD/': URL must be http, ftp, file or https not ""

That error message is not very illuminating as well.

   Michal