Unable To Install FC8t2 From Live CD

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Sep 17 15:04:49 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 10:30 -0400, Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
>      I am using an IBM T-30 ThinkPad Laptop and am running the Live CD
> of Fedora 8t2.  When I tried to install from the Live CD, it would bring
> me to the point of installing file system and then say that there may be
> a bug and would stop the installation process.  The initial disk
> integrity check stated that the disk was fine.  Is this a bug or is
> there anything else I should be checking for?  I currently have Fedora 7
> installed on my laptop.

If you had a previous install, the swap was probably activated.  The
quick fix is to run (as root) '/sbin/swapoff -a' before starting the
install process.  I noticed this right after we sent test2 off to the
mirrors :(  Noted in the release notes
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F8Test2/ReleaseNotes) for test2, though

Jeremy