Grub loader question ? PLEASE CHECK THIS!! - AND THIS !!

Arne Chr. Jorgensen achrisjo at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 02:08:52 UTC 2007

hi,

I wasn't able to boot up any of the Fedora installs this time.  I have to time
the power button at the right moment, and for the right amount of time.

You may check with all of my other postings - in which I have tried to get anyones
attention.  In previous posts, I have included more info - also an attempt to
convey this on bugzilla.  But I could need some help in how to report this.

I had gone to bed,  but wanted to add something:  This happen in Microsoft Vista
as well.  Often if you write long in an editor, the machine freezes, and I haven't been able to do like in other Microsoft system:  alt-control-delete, and you may
kill the hanging application.  In Vista I am have to force a power-down by holding
the power off long enough to shut it down ( with the extra trouble of leaving the
session in an abrupt way )  It's been a pain, an loss of much written work.

                                             ------------------------

Further more - it may upset something in Bios, and perhaps why Hewlet packard
had trouble with some firmware in Vista.  I have upgraded/Updated BIOS firmware once, because of some of this problems.

I did receive a reply from NDIVIDA about, explained the trouble with Linux:
Reply said:  "Make sure your SATA controller in in ACHI mode from BIOS !"
As the BIOS don't have any entry,  BIOS is handled by Microsoft Vista.  And
at the moment I don't exactly know what the ACHI mode is all about !

Now I will have to get some sleep.  Worked 24 hours, then 18, then 16, now
- done more then 30 installs,  a bunch of version of Fedora and SUSE.

night,

//ARNE