f8t2 nfs install fails

William John Murray W.J.Murray at rl.ac.uk
Tue Sep 18 13:46:14 UTC 2007

  Hello all,
          I am trying to do an nfs install of f8-t2 i386. I mounted the
nfs server (finally) on an f7 machine, slipped the rescue cd into the
target machine and booted. Top option let me do an nfs install. It finds
the directory, good.
   But..then it says 'local media detected', the cd spins a lot, and a
box pops up:
   "The installer has tried to mount image #1 but cannot find it on the
server.
     please copy this image to the remote server's share path and click
retry. Click exit to abort the installation"

what I have in the 'remote server's share path' is:

Fedora-7.91-i386-DVD.iso  Fedora-7.91-i386-rescuecd.iso  SHA1SUM

   What should I do?
  Thanks,
        Bill