rawhide report: 20070919 changes

David Boles dgboles at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 01:20:59 UTC 2007

on 9/19/2007 7:32 PM, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> --- David Boles <dgboles at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> on 9/19/2007 6:24 PM, Chuck Ebbert wrote:
>> that:
>>> that's
>>>
>>> # yum install yum-skip-broken
>> Chuck is correct here. My mistake completely.
>>
>> This is what I get for replying as I am going out
>> the door for a meeting.
>>
>> I am sorry about this.
>>
>> Good luck with your testing.
>> --
>>
>>   David
>>
>>> --
>
> Do not worry David.  It happens to us all.  It was an
> honest mistake.  Still even with the skip-broken
> plugin, updating fails.

First. Do you have any 'other than Fedora' packages installed? That can,
and usually does, cause problems.

For me it worked this time. It, the plugin, works most of the time.

I have a script that works when this plugin does not work. It is not too
large but I would not post it for you here because some users have
download size limits.

If you would like to try it, it has never caused me any problems, I would
email it to you privately. It is slow when you compare it to a normal
update but it will skip any packages that have problems.
--

  David