Kernel Bug Triage - Join Us

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Mon Sep 24 19:37:15 UTC 2007

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 12:03:02PM -0700, David Mack wrote:
 > I haven't been able to boot any of the 2.6.23 kernels for a couple of
 > months. I was getting kernel panics during boot for a while but now I
 > get this:
 >
 > powernow-k8: Processor cpuid 631 not supported
 >
 > Boot then proceeds until
 >
 > /bin/nash: error while loading shared libraries: libm.so.6: cannot open

Sounds like a busted initrd.
Make sure you have the latest mkinitrd package installed, and then
recreate the initrd (run mkinitrd without arguments for example usage).
(Or even easier: rpm -e the latest kernel and install it again, and
 it'll recreate it for you).

If this is still causing problems, file a bug attaching both a working
initrd from an earlier kernel and a broken initrd.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk