An especially raw rawhide? (nmh and audio)

Jesse Keating jkeating at
Tue Sep 25 18:37:33 UTC 2007

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:29:11 -0400
Stephen Smalley <sds at> wrote:

> > > Huh?  If you have it disabled via /etc/selinux/config, then init
> > > doesn't load a policy and pokes the kernel to disable the hooks.
> > > Which should then be identical to selinux=0
> >
> > Ah, maybe it's just a difference between booting with enforcing=0
> > and having permissive be set in /etc/sysconfig/selinux.
> Shouldn't matter, as everything is allowed until policy is loaded.

You guys are right, I was being led down the wrong path.  Anyway what
I'm seeing, which is close to what Jonathan is seeing, may actually be
a ConsoleKit bug.

Some debugging with Mr. Zeuthen led to this bug being filed.

Jesse Keating