first AMD64-bit install ...Beta

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Apr 2 10:54:25 UTC 2008

Riku Seppälä wrote:
> Jim Cornette wrote:
>> Great job with the Beta. My only problem encountered when installing
>> was that after checking the disc media with passed, pressing continue
>> gave the blank error message and ejected the disc.
>> Booting up again and bypassing the disc check allowed things to
>> proceed without problems.
>>
> I saw this too, thought I just pressed ok too soon. So there is a bug
> after mediacheck?

Yes, for at least two of us. For bugs that you overcome easily and that
only effect the initial installation, they probably effect a lot more
people than reported to bugzilla.
Overall the new look for Fedora, the default encrypted filesystem, much
better GUI package management control and other obviously well thought
out improvements to the system comparative to previous versions of
Fedora are welcome achievements.

Jim

--
What the gods would destroy they first submit to an IEEE standards
committee.