F9-Beta install from local harddisk - broken?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Fri Apr 4 12:01:20 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:45:09 -0400, Chris Lumens wrote:

> > Choosing local harddisk as installation source ends rather quickly with
> > loader ABORT prior to stage2. On the virtual consoles I see that it found
> > the first ISO and mounts it via loop. But I also see many errors from
> > mount expecting ext2 superblocks. Known thing?
>
> Yeah, please try post-Beta rawhide and see if it's still busted.  It
> should be working in those weekly snapshots I believe.  I did a bunch of
> stuff here that didn't make it in time for the beta.

To be fair, I'd like to point out that F9-Beta is not ready for testing yet,
and therefore I won't spend/waste time trying it out, and not the weekly
snapshots either. Not only did I need several attempts to install it (e.g.
Anaconda crashes in GRUB device dialog), it still feels like a snail at
run-time compared with F8. This is a no-go. And while I would wrestle with
F9-Beta or Rawhide, the endless flood of F8 Updates would break F8 even further.