An internal system error has occured

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Fri Apr 4 17:19:54 UTC 2008

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 16:42:45 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> -----
> An internal system error has occured
>
> Do not show this notification again
> -----
>
> Is what I see on the F9 Desktop in the bottom right corner.
> Looks like PackageKit, whose icon appeared a short time before
> that.

This is likely related to NetworkManager messing up the network
connection. In Anaconda, I asked for eth0 to be brought up via
DHCP. This choice is ignored. Both eth0 and eth1 are brought up
also with zeroconf values in a very stubborn way, and I need to
ifdown/ifup eth0 manually before DNS and network access work.