moving a fedora 7 to rawhide

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 5 00:50:13 UTC 2008

--- Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

> > --- John Summerfield
> <debian at herakles.homelinux.org>
> > wrote:

> > is
> > > since

> > > installed
> prerequisite
> > > for
> > > enabled

> > kernel
> > > 2.6.23.15??
> > >
> > > As usual, a dearth of information. What
> hardware?
> > > What kernel? What
> > > symptoms?

> > > have
> > and
> for
> > > fc7
> > fc9
> > >
> > > I wouldn't expect one; if Anaconda and yum don't
> > do
> > > it, you're pretty
> > > much Pat Malone.
> > > This will give some clues as to what's obsolete:
> > >
> > > rpm -qa --last | less
> > >
> > > As for suitable replacements, it's like beauty.

> rawhide
> > > is
> > > get
> > > install
> > and
> > > try
> > machine
> > > boot
> there.
> >

> > > --
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > John
> > >
> > > -- spambait
> > > 1aaaaaaa at coco.merseine.nu
> > > Z1aaaaaaa at coco.merseine.nu
> > > -- Advice
> > > http://webfoot.com/advice/email.top.php

> > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> > >
> > > You cannot reply off-list:-)
> > >
> > > --
> > >

> > So far so good except the following:
> >
> > I can login as regular user, but startx does not
> > work
> > :(
> >
> > Several updates fail, but I guess they are
> workable
> >
> > [root at localhost ~]# yum clean metadata
> > Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
> > 0 metadata files removed
> > 0 sqlite files removed
> > 0 metadata files removed
> > [root at localhost ~]# yum update
> > Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
> > rawhide                   100%
> > |=========================| 2.4 kB    00:00
> > primary.sqlite.bz2          1% |
>

> >   |  72 kB    00:27 ETAprimary.sqlite.bz2
> > 5%
> > |=                        | 344 kB    00:22
> > ETAprimary.sqlite.bz2         10% |==
>

> >      | 640 kB    00:18 ETAprimary.sqlite.bz2
>
> > 15% |===                      | 944 kB    00:15
> > ETAprimary.sqlite.bz2         20% |=====
>

> >      | 1.2 MB    00:12 ETAprimary.sqlite.bz2
>
> > 25% |======                   | 1.5 MB    00:10
> > ETAprimary.sqlite.bz2         29% |=======
>

> >      | 1.8 MB    00:09 ETAprimary.sqlite.bz2

> [...]
=== message truncated ===

Dear all,

most of the hard work is done, little things need to
be fixed.  Firefox beta is not working well,

duplicates were removed using David's script /.rmdup

Here's what was done to get the conflicts resolved.

http://www.geocities.com/olivares14031/fc72rawhide.htm

Regards,

Antonio