Where does the livna repository fit in with FC9?

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 5 19:43:08 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-05 at 15:04 -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Christopher A. Williams
> <chrisw01 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >  I've been playing with the Livna Development repo and Rawhide. Still
> >  can't get the nVidia drivers to behave though.
>
> X has a new ABI in F9 (there is no such thing as FC9 - that's a pet
> peeve of mine), therefore the nVidia drivers don't work.  Go yell at
> nVidia :)

I already knew about the new ABI in X on F9. One would think that if
there are apparently current nVidia drivers in a Rawhide oriented
development repo that they would use the new ABI. Otherwise, why waste
the space on a disk?

Guess I assumed wrong and should have considered these drivers trash
from the start. So much for thinking they (the Livna maintainers) were
ahead of the game. To that end, I'm sure plenty of folks are already
yelling at nVidia, not that I won't join the chorus... :)

Oh - It was the OP used "FC9", not me. I just didn't change the title of
the post lest I be accused of thread hijacking...

--
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.

--Yogi Berra