Rawhide snapshot installation woes

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 22:18:52 UTC 2008

Here's my (poor) experience with
Rawhide-20080404-Snapshot-i686-Live-KDE.torrent.
installation on a Dell Inspiron 6400 (aka 1505) laptop, with Intel video.

After installation to disk and rebooting, all I get is the 'blue screen'
with X cursor.
Either booting in text mode or by viewing the boot progress, I see the
following:

S99firstboot line 44: FILENAME: command not found
S99firstboot line 44: [: missing `]'
S99firstboot line 44: FILENAME: command not found

and then it just hangs... no GUI login, no text login.

A Ctl-alt-del does wake it up and a text login appears, but
only long enough to see the shutdown progressing.