Gnome(2.22.0) and *iso and *rar files incorrect actions after mouse click

Leslie Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 00:41:22 UTC 2008

I downloaded an *iso file to the desktop (F9, Gnome 2.22.0) and at a second time, an *rar file.

When I wanted to cut and paste the ISO file to another folder (gnome terms for mv), the minute I clicked on the file, it was opened to show the contents. I could not select it for dragging, copying or moving.

With the *rar file, I had a similar problem. I did not install unrar for F9, and the first click on the file icon resulted in a window opening. The new window contained a view of the entire desktop. Clicking on the *rar file in this opened window opened another... A recursive bug.

I preceded to the shell where, using mv  I placed the two files where I wanted them to be.(to an external drive).

Anyone else experiencing this problem?