coreutils is installed, cannot su -, and cannot add user still running as root

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 16:12:10 UTC 2008

[root at localhost ~]# rpm -qa coreutils
coreutils-6.10-17.fc9.i386
[root at localhost ~]#

I updated to today's rawhide report, and I get the
following error message

*** removed to save space ****
(94/94): upstart-0.3.9-15 100%
|=========================| 243 kB    00:00
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test

Transaction Check Error:
  file /usr/sbin/vipw from install of
shadow-utils-4.1.1-1.fc9.i386 conflicts with file from
package util-linux-2.13-0.54.1.fc7.i386
  file /usr/share/man/man8/vipw.8.gz from install of
shadow-utils-4.1.1-1.fc9.i386 conflicts with file from
package util-linux-2.13-0.54.1.fc7.i386

Error Summary
-------------

So I ran it with
[root at localhost ~]# ./nodep

and got most of the updates.

How can I fix this issue?

Thanks,

Antonio

To unsubscribe:

I can fix this one by doing an
# rpm -e util-linux-2.13-0.54.1.fc7.i386

But the others, should I remove X and reinstall it?