coreutils is installed, cannot su -, and cannot add user still running as root

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 16:17:41 UTC 2008

On 07/04/2008, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  > I have run the updates on this machine, the fedora 7
>  > machine updated to rawhide.  I cannot add users and
>  > still cannot add users to troubleshoot errors.
>  I updated to today's rawhide report, and I get the
>  following error message
>
>  *** removed to save space ****
>  How can I fix this issue?

A suggestion (not able to try myself as I no longer have an F7 machine
to try) is, make sure you use "upgrade" rather than "update" as the
yum command. I usually attempt to upgrade yum first when doing this
sort of thing, but that will probably pull in updates to python and
various libraries anyway, and before you know it you'll be upgrading
half the system anyway :o)).