Intermittant Gnome action

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Apr 7 23:10:38 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 03:12:15PM -0700, Andrew Farris wrote:

> Scott Robbins wrote:

> >However, I found out yesterday that if I run any gtk app that I can
> >think of (nautilus, firefox, gedit) and I have a network connection it
> >freezes.
>
> Pretty good guess on that one is that when booting into those alternate
> environments you're getting the environment variable http_proxy set, which
> causes the gtk apps to freeze attempting to connect to your proxy.  There have
> been a good number of people with that issue on fedora forum in F8, so I'd
> guess the issue remains in F9.

I'm impressed if you're right, I had no clue where to even start
looking.  :)  I"ll look on the forums for the problem and solution then,
thank you.

(I'm not sure if that "I'm impressed," came off sarcastically--I meant
it as a compliment, in the sense that I wouldn't have known to start
looking in that direction.)

`

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: Nice. Look who's got a bad case of Dark Prince envy.
Dracula: I have no interest in you. Leave us.
Xander: No, we're not going to (imitates Dracula's accent) leave
you. And where'd you get that accent Sesame Street? One, two,
three - three victims. Mwah, ha, ha, ha!
Buffy: Xander, I'm pretty sure that's Dracula.
Xander: Wow, really? Hey, sorry, man, I was... just jokin' around.