Skip Preview Release?

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 05:11:26 UTC 2008

John Summerfield wrote:
> Greg wrote:
>> is it or would it be worth skipping the Preview release an go straight
>> to the Release candidate?
>>
> Until I see a new kernel I can boot, I'm not going to admit there's a
> suitable release candidate to be offered.

Had you tried reinstalling from one of the rawhide snapshots yet?  There is
every possibility your system has quirks that just shouldn't be there and its
preventing you getting the newer kernels working.  We always say systems that
went through the early weeks of rawhide probably need reinstalled by the end..

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29