Problem running OOo downloaded from openoffice.org

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Fri Apr 11 12:32:03 UTC 2008

John Summerfield wrote:
> Ordinarily, when one has a problem with software acquired directly from
> a third party, it's best to go to that third party for help getting it
> going.
>
> In this case, it's not reasonable to expect a lot of expertise here, on
> installing and using OOo acquired directly from OpenOffice.Org.

Sure, except it also seems unlikely that the OOo people are going to
know/care about problems running bug-buddy, in a beta release environment.

If someone can explain clearly to me what the problem is, and how OOo
might look to fix it, I'll report it upstream.

On the theory that the libstdc++ shipping with OOo is not compatible
with libbreakpad, I tried fiddling with LD_LOAD_LIBRARY in the OOo
startup script, but without success.

So I still don't have a clear idea what to report to OOo is the actual
problem here.

Maybe it will shake out in the updates leading to F9 release, but it's
going to be a bit of a mess if F9 final doesn't run the OO.org download.

<Joe