f9:beta anaconda crush

Yonas Abraham yabraham2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 20:21:16 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have several R60 laptops that I am testing F9 beta on them. I can
install fine from DVD both i386 or x86_64 versions  with out any
problem.

But when I try to use KS to install vi http from
http://mirror.anl.gov/pub/fedora/linux/releases/test/9-Beta/Fedora/i386/os/
or http://mirror.anl.gov/pub/fedora/linux/releases/test/9-Beta/Fedora/x86_64/os/
I get a trace back on an exception. UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec
can't decode byte 0xc2 in position 19: ordinal not in range(128)

Both of them fail at around 23/930 packages installed. The trace back
show that both of them fail at a point when It try to install
firmware. (rt73usb-firmware-1.8-4.noarch)

I have read a a trend with the same "UnicodeDecodeError" error on the
ML, but that one was involved when users try to install F8 using
non-english language.

any Idea?

I have the traceback saved for both 32 and 64 bit tries, I can post it
if it help.

/Yonas