What's up with ssh key access?

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 22:45:27 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Joe Smith <jes at martnet.com> wrote:

>  May I humbly ask: WTF?

Not entirely sure what it's called, but what's it's asking for is the
passphrase of the private key.  When you give it to it, it will load
that private key up in an ssh-agent for the duration of your session.
It threw me the first time, too, but I just Went With It(TM) :).  I'm
sure there's some way to disable it, but I haven't a clue what it is
(I probably wouldn't disable it even if I knew how - thus why I
haven't looked - probably some gconf thing, though)