Flickering after resume

Dominik Sandjaja dominik at dadadom.de
Thu Apr 17 08:10:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

I use Rawhide on this machine:
<http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_a29d08fe-f229-45fe-9559-887ca3105085>. For the graphics I use the radeon-driver with AccelMethod EXA, it's too slow to work with otherwise. Suspending, hibernating and resuming work fine without any further quirks (kudos for that!). Anyway, after resuming the screen flickers once in a while. Every now and then, something between 30 and maybe 100 seconds it flickers once. It goes black for a split second and continues to work normally afterwards.

Although this is no real problem, it is at least really annoying after a
while and forces me to reboot instead of being able to make use of the
suspend/resume :-( I couldn't find similar descriptions in (a) bugzilla
yet.

Any hints?

Besides that, thank you all for the work on rawhide, originally I only
updated because of evolution's non-annoying error messages, but the
whole usage of the test version went smooth so far.

Cheers,
Dominik