How to download a file without installing?

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Thu Apr 17 14:42:39 UTC 2008

Anne Wilson wrote, On 04/17/2008 10:05 AM:
> On Thursday 17 April 2008 02:54:22 pm Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Anne Wilson wrote:
>>> I have a bug report open regarding the PCMCIA card in my old laptop.  I'm
>>> told that system-config-network-1.5.5 should fix it, but of course
>>> without the card working I have no connection.
>>>
>>> I've browsed the yum commands, but don't see any way to download the file
>>> to this computer so that I can transfer it to the laptop.  Can yum do
>>> this, or do I have to look for it some other way?
>> # yum install yum-utils
>> # yumdownloader <foo>
>>
> Hmm - problem.  It's already installed on this box, so it tells me that
> there's nothing to download.
>
> Anne

fc8??
fc9??
In F8
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386/system-config-network-1.4.7-1.fc8.noarch.rpm
And In F9 I am only seeing
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/Packages/system-config-network-1.5.6-1.fc9.noarch.rpm
available now.
You might have to drop back to finding it on a koji(?) if you need THAT exact
version, and it does not appear in /var/cache/yum/*/?ackages of the machine
you are trying to pull with.

--
Todd Denniston