How to download a file without installing?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 17 17:01:22 UTC 2008

On Thursday 17 April 2008 17:11:35 Mary Ellen Foster wrote:
> On 17/04/2008, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > It's time to admit defeat on this one.  I've set selinux to permissive.
> > I've rebooted and relabelled.  I can't even get konsole to run, so no
> > command-line work is possible.  I did hope briefly that simply opening
> > the package with the installer might realise that I just wanted a
> > localinstall, but of course you can't add any parameters to that.  It
> > looks like a dead-end on that laptop.
>
> You could try ctrl-alt-F1 and use the virtual consoles ...

It's worth a try, thanks.  I've had to leave it for tonight, but I'll try that
tomorrow.  I think, though, that I'm going to have to put one of the mini
distros on that laptop.  Still, it would have been nice to test F9 from the
hardware POV, even though I always knew it would be too slow to work with.

Anne