F9 live USB persistence problem

William John Murray w.j.murray at rl.ac.uk
Fri Apr 18 14:54:21 UTC 2008

  Hi Guys,
          I am trying out the live USB with persistence.
First I tried CD+512Mb. All was wonderful until I installed openoffice
as well as some other stuff. At that point I corrupted the filesystem.

  Well, I restarted, having squeezed my USB disk partition up to 1.5Gb.
 This time I asked for CD+1024Mb, assuming the installer would complain,
and I could get the maximum possible disk by trial and error.
   It didn't complain, it just installed. So I thought 'thats nice'
and installed ooffice, evolution-exchange, gparted etc. Eventually
I hit the same problem as above - out of disk space, file system
corrupted.
this major issue.
  Bill
Ps  No gparted on a live CD???