FC9 Preview under VMWare

Kwan Lowe kwan.lowe at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 23:11:42 UTC 2008

Hello All:
   I've done a couple test installations of FC9Preview. On a physical
machine (Dell Inspiron 600m) it has worked flawlessly so far. Easy
installation (though it seemed to take longer than previous ones) and the
running system was gorgeous.
   Under VMWare I've not been so lucky. Running with a Centos 5.1 host with
VMWare Server 1.0.5, the install kept on freezing. The VMWare session seemed
to freeze also and CTL-ALT wouldn't break me from the session. I could still
see a 'top' session on the host machine and it didn't show much utilization
at all.
   It installed finally, but still continuing to freeze. I've disabled some
of the resources (sound, CDROM) but no joy. Anyone else seeing this
behaviour?  Host machine is a Dell E1505 laptop.

Thanks,
Kwan