Fedora 9 Preview release Assorted issues

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Sun Apr 20 00:55:11 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 19:22, Francis Earl wrote:

> > Firefox: Starts with two tabs opened on the same search page.
>
> On subsequent Firefox starts, this occurs every time, or just the first
> time?

Just tried again, yup apparently it is just the first run.

> > GDM:  Initially showed the language and session widgets but (I think)
> > after updates hit from RawHide they no longer appear.  The Accessability
> > icon still shows in the bottom bar along with the time.
>
> You have to click the user for those to appear, I'm guessing this is a
> Feature(tm)... it changed some time between Beta and Preview.

Misfeature if ya ask me.  Ok, it was a cruel trick to set it to
something off the wall and watch the next user try to cope but how about
just have them time out after a minute to the defaults?  Having them
appear and disappear is confusing.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!