KDE 4 Pager doesn't show desktop names

Patrick O'Callaghan poc at usb.ve
Tue Apr 22 03:30:58 UTC 2008

The pager (in the KDE panel) has the option of showing the desktop
numbers or not, but has no option for showing the desktop names, even
though these exist and are usable via the 'To Desktop' menu item (upper
left widget on each window). This is a significant usability bug IMHO. I
use 6 desktops, each with its set of windows, and want to be able to
move quickly from one to the other without having to think "oh yes, mail
is on desktop 4, or was it 5?"

Speaking of 'To Desktop', I'd love this to be the *first* item on the
widget menu, not the third. On KDE it was the second but now we have the
'Opacity' thing getting in the way. In my personal experience, 'To
Desktop' is the most commonly selected item on this menu, by a ratio of
about 1000 to 1 (I'm not exaggerating much). It should be the easiest
one to select.

(Feel free to ignore the latter point if this isn't the appropriate
list.)

poc