I Guess Gnash doesn't work after all

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Tue Apr 22 21:44:12 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 17:09 -0400, Jim wrote:
> I installed Gnash in FC9-Preview and it doesn't work on Youtube or
> Yahoo, It shows in Firefox as a Flash Plugin.

Well, of course it doesn't. YouTube videos (and flash videos in general)
are encoded in some patent-protected or otherwise non-Free encoding that
Fedora cannot ship support for.

If you *must* have YouTube, you can install either Adobe's flash plugin,
or swfdec and the needed gstreamer plugins (assuming that's legal in
your jurisdiction etc. etc. etc.)

-w