gnome-packagekit not showing all packages

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Wed Apr 23 13:11:44 UTC 2008

I noticed with yesterday's updates, that choosing "show updates" from
the update icon on the panel showed only four packages to be updated.

One of the four packages was openoffice.org-writer. I thought it was odd
that the rest of the ooo packages were not there, so I ran yum to
compare. "yum update" showed more than a dozen packages to be updated,
including all the ooo packages.

I ran the update from the command line.

Is this the intended behavior--maybe the whole bunch of ooo packages
were condensed behind one label?

Seemed strange to me anyway--any thoughts?

<Joe