Trying to install VMware-workstation on F9 Preview

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Wed Apr 23 14:06:56 UTC 2008

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 06:53 -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 11:56:06PM -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> I actually tried that before posting. No good in my case.

As an aside, my notebook is running rawhide, but I boot the most recent
F8 updates kernel.i686 when I need vmware-server to work. The
vmwareconfig.pl warning about gcc version {yes} is OK for the F8
kernel/vmware to work with. The yum plugin for lock version, and
settings to exclude kernel updates would be helpful here.

I imagine now that kernel.org has released 2.6.25, that patches for
vmware will be forthcoming...

DaveT.