F9beta update takes forever

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu Apr 24 00:16:15 UTC 2008

John Summerfield wrote:
> seth vidal wrote:
>
>> This particular bug was fixed by James Antill in yum upstream. It hasn't
>> made it to rawhide, yet.
>
> Okay, I'll proceed as if this problem doesn't exist. By Sun (when I'm
> back) my kernel bug might be fixed and all will be well again.

The update that worked took 68 minutes. Compared with a new install it's
pretty slow, and might not be too flash on a Pentium III (this is an
Intel vPro system, new SATA disks.

The update that worked was helped by a preceding one that downloaded
everything and then muttered something about dependency problems
regarding some xine package and died.

--

Cheers
John