Can yum download to a pen-drive?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 24 19:27:57 UTC 2008

On Thursday 24 April 2008 20:12, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Now I have a couple of unresolved dependencies.  I have yum-utils
> > installed. Isn't that supposed to provide skip-broken?  It doesn't seem
> > to be working.
>
> It doesn't work like that. Previously skip-broken was a separate plugin.
> In the more recent versions, yum base itself has this feature.
>
> # yum update --skip-broken
>
> Having said that, you might want to list the exact output before running
> with the skip-broken argument so that we can try and resolve the actual
> issue.

The problems all seem to revolve around kde-settings-pulse-audio.  Missing
dependencies xine-lib-pulseaudio, kde-settings

There are quite a number of lines, but they all revolve around these.  Can you
suggest an exclude that would get me past them?

By now you've probably forgotten how this all started :-)  I need to know
whether my PCMCIA network card works with this release.  Up to now I have no
network.

Anne