Extra Extra read all about it - Preupgrade released....

Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer mchouque at free.fr
Fri Apr 25 08:02:40 UTC 2008

Will Woods <wwoods <at> redhat.com> writes:
> Probably we're failing to find the stage2 image and it's falling back to
> looking for a CD. What partition is /boot on? What's the preupgrade boot
> commandline look like?

/boot is on /dev/sda1 (a SATA drive actually)

And grub.conf looks like the following:
title Upgrade to Rawhide
        kernel /upgrade/vmlinuz preupgrade lang=en_US.UTF-8 keymap=us
stage2=hd:sda1:/upgrade/minstg2.img
method=ftp://ftp.applios.net/pub/fedora/linux/development/i386/os
        initrd /upgrade/initrd.img

> What keyboard set are you using? Works fine here, but that's US english..

I use a standard US keyboard:

/etc/sysconfig/keyboard
KEYBOARDTYPE="pc"
KEYTABLE="us"

Note that /boot is only 100MB or so meaning I'd be using the text install...

Hope that helps.

Best,
Mathieu