Silly question about panel

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 15:02:12 UTC 2008

2008/4/27 Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:
> On Sunday 27 April 2008 15:16:16 Antonio M wrote:
>  > Do you have data also for Fedora? otherwise you use stats for potatoes
>  > for selling oranges :-).
>  > I don't have any stats (and I don't mind about them). My goal is to
>  > have running systems and I am happy that Andrew helped me to solve the
>  > problem (maybe that he assumed Gnome as my desktop as we have been in
>  > contact for a long time....since Fedora 9 was still rawhide).
>  > And I find that Fedora (I have no idea about RH Enterprise) seems to
>  > be going towards Gnome even at installation time (ask any new user
>  > which desktop will choose  when installation is done: I have some
>  > experience in helping new user to install Fedora)
>
>  Fedora, and for that matter RHEL, always used to be gnome oriented.  It is
>  simply no longer good enough to make such an assumption.  As for "ask any new
>  user which desktop will choose when installation is done" I'm not certain
>  what you mean by that.  I have certainly always installed KDE at install
>  time, and sometimes only KDE.

Sit along with a new user (and when I say a new user I mean someone
coming from M$ and willing to install for example Fedora) with any
installation media and following instruction from installation
screens....and see what are his/her choices.
I made this test again yesterday, and guess what he got as desktop???

>  The fact remains, that if you want help you should cooperate, and you, after
>  all, were only asked to state more detail in your request.

I got help from Andrew (as many times before) and frankly speaking I
don't understand why all this thread is increasing.....the details
were requested long after problem had been solved, strange???

>  Anne
>
> --

Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag