Silly question about panel

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 16:26:09 UTC 2008

2008/4/27 Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com>:

> On Sun, 2008-04-27 at 16:16 +0200, Antonio M wrote:
>  > 2008/4/27 Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:
>  > > On Sunday 27 April 2008 14:54:43 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>  > >  > I did see the solution. My point was that assuming "most of us" are on
>  > >  > Gnome is a) ingenuous (what data do you base it on? -- any stats I've
>  > >  > seen say it's about 50/50 at best, but these are data for Linux in
>  > >  > general) and b) impolite to the rest of us.
>  > >
>  > >  I read recently that RH surveyed its Enterprise users and was amazed to find
>  > >  that around 50% did use KDE, so you certainly can't assume that "most of us"
>  > >  are using gnome.
>  > >
>  > >  Anne
>  > >
>  > > --
>  > >  fedora-test-list mailing list
>  > >  fedora-test-list at redhat.com
>  > >  To unsubscribe:
>  > >
>  >
>  > Do you have data also for Fedora? otherwise you use stats for potatoes
>  > for selling oranges :-).
>  > I don't have any stats (and I don't mind about them). My goal is to
>  > have running systems and I am happy that Andrew helped me to solve the
>  > problem (maybe that he assumed Gnome as my desktop as we have been in
>  > contact for a long time....since Fedora 9 was still rawhide).
>  > And I find that Fedora (I have no idea about RH Enterprise) seems to
>  > be going towards Gnome even at installation time (ask any new user
>  > which desktop will choose  when installation is done: I have some
>  > experience in helping new user to install Fedora)
>
>  So you agree that Fedora is a Gnome-based system that also supports KDE?
>
>  poc
>
>  --

Patrick

I don't know whether Fedora is Gnome-based system supporting also KDE,
as you say
My experience (but not Anne's) is I am using Gnome, and the users I
know are running their systems on Gnome.
We all didn't give  a try to KDE mainly because standard graphic
installation (in particular for newcomers) seems to be suggesting
Gnome.
And Gnome seems to be satisfactory.

My two (and last) cents.....

--